The 25PP team has been in a lot of controversies regarding their jailbreak, but they have surely provided us with a perfect iOS 8.4 jailbreak. The PP Jailbreak for iOS 8.4, unlike the TaiG jailbreak, does not have any errors and is smoothly running now. It is also available on Mac now, thus making the users even more happy.
Image : Remove PP Jailbreak from iPhone and iPad
However, users are facing issues with unjailbreaking their iOS devices. People unjailbreak for many reasons. For instance, if something goes wrong with your iOS device which is out of your abilities to repair, you will need to take it to the Apple Store. But you must not forget that jailbreaking your device voids its warranty, so will have to return your device to stock iOS to get it fixed by the Apple guys for free. Apart from that, if you want to sell your device, you will again want to get back on stock iOS but will not risk losing its ability to jailbreak.
Unfortunately, there was no method until now to unjailbreak your device without upgrading to the next version. If somebody wanted to remove the PP jailbreak, they would have to restore their devices through iTunes, but that would also upgrade it to the next iOS firmware, which might or might not have received a working jailbreak yet. Doing so will leave your device unjailbroken for a long time.
Just resetting or restoring all the settings of your iOS device will not remove the jailbreak. But now the issue has been fixed and we now have to methods to remove the PP jailbreak from your iOS device to return it to stock iOS. One of the methods uses iTunes while the other does not. Use the one which is perfect for you.
1. Delete PP Jailbreak Using Cydia Impactor
- Take a full backup of your iOS device via iCloud or iTunes.
- Make sure that your device is plugged in and its battery is charged to at least 20%.
- Now open Cydia and search for Cydia Impactor. Install it.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and tap the option labelled delete all data and unjailbreak device. Again, tap the Delete All button to begin the process. Do not disturb the device until the process completes.
- Cydia Impactor will finish unjailbreaking your device in a while and you will be greeted with the welcome screen after a reboot. Simply finish the initial iOS setup and activation process, and you’re done!
Please remember that Cydia Impactor is a beta tool, so it may cause your device to crash or misbehave. Also, Cydia Impactor is still not supported on the newly launched iPod Touch 6.
2. Delete PP Jailbreak With a Fresh Restore
- Back up your device completely with iCloud or iTunes.
- Download iOS 8.4 firmware file. [or the latest firmware at that time]
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and run iTunes.
- Next, go to the device summary in iTunes.
- Now hold down the Alt Key if you are running Mac or the Shift Key if you are running Windows and click on the Restore option.
- Next, select the iOS 8.4 IPSW firmware file that was downloaded earlier in Step 2.
- iTunes will now begin restoring your device.
- When the process has completed, the PP jailbreak will be deleted from your device and your will be running stock iOS 8.4.
Note: We currently have the iOS 8.4 jailbreak at our hands. However, iOS 8.4.1 will soon be launched following the closing of the signing window for iOS 8.4. At that point, you will not be able to upgrade to iOS 8.4 and you will have to directly restore to iOS 8.4.1. This will cause your device to become unjailbreakable unless a new jailbreak is released. Hence, it is recommended that you stay on iOS 8.4 and use Cydia Impactor so that you do not lose the jailbreak.
Keep yourself updated with latest news and tutorials. Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook .