Jailbreaks are always popular and, when one is released, everyone rushes to download it. With the latest jailbreak tool, PPHelper from Pangu and PP Assistant jailbreak teams, it isn’t available for all to use. If you are still using an older 32-bit device, PPHelper is not going to work for you as it is a semi-untethered tool for use on 64-bit devices only. Semi-untethered jailbreaks require you to reinstall the jailbreak whenever you reboot your device but, to help make the process easier, Italian developer and hacker Luca Todesco has released a tool that is based on the original JailbreakMe tool which automatically reactivates PPHelper for you , instructions can be found at the given link. Below are the steps to follow to download PPHelper onto your iOS device.
Image : PPHelper Jailbreak Tool
Before Jailbreaking :
Before you go ahead and install the jailbreak, there are some things you need to do first, to ensure that the jailbreak is successful:
- Use iTunes and or iCloud to backup your device
- Update iTunes to the latest version if necessary
- If you updated to iOS using OTA, you will need to Restore using iTunes as jailbreaks do not work properly on OTA-updated devices
- Disable Find my iPhone
- Disable Touch ID
- Disable your passcode
You can enable all of this again when your device is jailbroken.
How to Jailbreak using PPHelper :
- Download PPHelper onto your computer ( Windows ) ( Mac )
- Connect your device to the computer
- Install the jailbreak onto your computer by right-clicking the icon and choosing Run as Administrator
- Let PPHelper recognize your device and then click the green Jailbreak button
- Input the Captcha code if you are asked to do so
- Wait for PPHelper to do its preparation work
- When complete, give permission for a profile to be installed on your device. Not doing this means you can go no further and will not be able to jailbreak
- When you have done this, open Settings on your device and go into Security
- Open the Profiles page and click the box beside Pangu to Trust the app
- Now you can launch the PP app on your iOS device
- Allow Push Notification
- Look for Install PP assistant and uncheck the box beside it
- Click the big circular button in the center of your screen and the jailbreak will begin
- Lock the screen on your device and wait for the Pangu notification to appear on it
- A message that says Storage is Full will appear, ignore it. This will be sorted out in the next step
- Your iOS device will reboot
- Tap the new PP icon on your home screen to open PPHelper and check if the jailbreak was successful
If it wasn’t, just go back to the start and redo the steps over again. If it was, you can continue as you would with any other jailbreak.
Let us know what you think of the jailbreak and if you have any trouble installing it. Stay up to date with the latest jailbreak news by following us on Facebook and Subscribing to our free email newsletter.