Most jailbreakers are fully aware of an important jailbreak tool called Cydia Impactor, making it one of their first downloads after they have jailbroken their iOS devices. The original Cydia Impactor has now changed and the new tool that allows us to remove our jailbreaks without losing the iOS version we are currently running is now called Cydia Eraser [ext link]. Cydia Impactor still exists but now has a new function , to help us side load apps like Yalu Jailbreak, the latest jailbreak tool.
Image : Cydia Impactor
Yalu Jailbreak was released by Luca Todesco, the well known jailbreaker and developer from Italy. Normally he doesn’t share his jailbreaks with the public but, given that he has already told us how difficult jailbreaking is becoming, he has released Yalu Jailbreak , in beta, with the news that it may well be the last one we can use for a while. If you want to download Yalu onto your iOS device, check out the instructions in the given link. Below are the steps on how to use Cydia Impactor to side load apps.
Before you use Cydia Impactor :
- You will need your Apple ID to hand otherwise the apps you are side-loading cannot be installed
- If you use a regular free Apple ID, the certificates for the apps will expire after 7 days and you will need to reinstall them again
- If you use a paid developer Apple ID, the certificates will last for 12 months before you need to reinstall them
How to Use Cydia Impactor :
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] for Mac or Windows
- Download the .ipa file for the app you are loading
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your iOS device
- Open Cydia Impactor and wait for the tool to recognize your iOS device
- When it has, find the .ipa you downloaded and drag it to Cydia Impactor, dropping it into the open window
- A screen with an Apple ID warning in it will appear , tap on OK
- When asked to, type in your Apple ID credentials and tap OK again
- Now wait for Cydia Impactor to prepare and sign the certificate before side loading the app onto your iOS device. When it has finished, do not go straight to the app; instead open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on General followed by Device Management; find the app you side-loaded and tap Trust
- Come out of settings; you can now use the newly installed app.
Will you be using Cydia Impactor to side-load apps like the Yalu Jailbreak onto your device ? Let us know if you have any trouble with these instructions and, for more updates, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter .