Isn’t it irritating to know that the leading jailbreak tool TaiG is not supported on Mac ? Seriously. Jailbreaking iOS devices on Windows ? TaiG and PP have been the only two jailbreaks for iOS 8.4 now and until now, both of them supported Windows only. This was a major problem for many iOS users as most of them used Mac and hence had to use an emulator to run Windows on Mac in order to jailbreak their iPhones or iPads. But the problem has come to an end now, as PP has released its latest jailbreak tool for supporting Mac OS X natively!
Image : PP Jailbreak on Mac How to Tutorial
The new PP Jailbreak tool for Mac OS X is a great update for PP, great indeed since it was criticised by TaiG for stealing its jailbreak. Now that PP is supported officially on Mac and TaiG is not, it seems like PP is surely talented while TaiG is still figuring out a way to support its tool on Mac. Also, unlike the previous versions of the PP jailbreak tool which were in Chinese, the new Mac-supported tool is available in English too, which makes it easier for non-Chinese users. Another thing to note is that even though TaiG is updating its tool frequently to get rid of all the vulnerabilities, the TaiG tool still contains bugs and users still experience installation errors. Meanwhile, the PP tool is more stable and no installation errors or bugs have been reported by users up till now. So it is clear that PP tool is better than the TaiG tool, more better with the latest update for supporting Mac.
So if your device is still unjailbroken, it’s high time that you use the perfect and error-free PP jailbreak tool for Mac OS X to jailbreak your iOS device. The PP jailbreak supports all the iPod, iPad, and iPhone devices running iOs 8.1.3 up to iOS 8.4.
Jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X Using PP Jailbreak Tool
- You need to restore iOS 8.4 fresh from scratch and not from the OTA update, as it does not work well will modern jailbreaks like PP and TaiG. You can download iOS 8.4 from this given link.
- Backup your iOS device with iTunes or iCloud.
- Before starting the jailbreak process, fully charge your iOS device.
- In case you have an Apple Watch, disconnect it from your iOS device before beginning the jailbreak.
- Turn off Bluetooth.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest iTunes version on your Mac.
- Quit both Xcode [if running] and iTunes apps on Mac .
Follow the below given steps for PP Jailbreak 8.4 Mac :
- Download the PP 8.4 Jailbreak Tool for Mac . After the download has completed, extract the zip file to the desktop and open the tool. Move it to Application folder as asked . Do not connect your iOS device now.
- If you face this error “cant be opened” , then follow this tutorial to open PP Jailbreak.
- Turn off Find My iPhone in your iOS device by browsing to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and toggling it OFF.
- Also turn off Passcode|Touch ID by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and then selecting the Turn Passcode Off option.
- Now plug-in the iOS device to your Mac.
- You will notice the Install PP Helper check-box on the left bottom of main window of the PP Jailbreak tool. Make sure that this box in left unchecked.
- Finally, click the Jailbreak button following by the Continue button to start jailbreaking.
- The jailbreak will start now. Wait patiently for the process to finish.
- After the jailbreaking is done, a message saying Jailbreak succeeded ! will come up.
- Done! Your device is now jailbroken successfully and you can find Cydia on your home screen.
Please remember that this version of the PP jailbreak tool is pre-loaded with the Cydia version 1.1.20, which is not the latest. So make sure you update it to the latest version by going into Cydia, then select the Changes tab and finally tap the Refresh button. When the packages get reloaded, just search for the Cydia Installer and update it. Full tutorial to update cydia is available in the given link .