The last time we saw a usable jailbreak was for iOS 9.1, some time ago now. Since then, Apple has released a number of updates to fix a series of bugs and to improve performance. One of the biggest of those updates was iOS 9.3.2 and the vast majority of users have updated to it because it was the only way to get their iPads and iPhones working properly. Unfortunately, that has left them without a jailbreak , but until today.
Image : iOS 9.3.2 Jailbreak Update
Pangu has, once again, come up with a public jailbreak, this time for iOS 9.3.2. Called PPHelper, it was produced in conjunction with PP Assistant, another developer team from China but, before everyone goes rushing off to download it, you need to know a couple of things first .
Things to Know :
- PPHelper is only in Chinese at the moment. We are waiting for an English version but we have provided you with a full tutorial below so you don’t need to miss out because you don’t understand the Chinese language
- You can only install PPHelper on a 64-bit device.
- PPHelper will only work on Windows at this stage
Supported iOS 9.3.2 Devices :
If you are using a 32-bit device, i.e. something that is not on the list below, PPHelper will not work:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
Before Jailbreaking :
- Make sure iTunes is updated to the latest version
- Back your data up through iTunes and or iCloud
- If you used the OTA method to update, Restore through iTunes otherwise the jailbreak will not work
- Disable Find my iPhone | iPad
- Disable Touch ID if you have it
- Disable your Passcode
All of these can be enabled again once the jailbreak is successfully installed.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.3.2 :
There are three ways to get Jailbreak onto your iOS 9.3.2 device .
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
The full tutorial to use PPHelper jailbreak application is described in the linked article. This methods requires you to have a computer to run the PPHelper tool .
Method 2 : Safari Method – No Computer Required
- On your iOS device, open Safari
- In your address bar, type in ppjailbreak.org . This will open a special mobile version of a webpage that will allow the download of the PP Jailbreak app icon onto your device.
- When that page has loaded, tap the UP arrow – bottom of the page for the iPhone and top for the iPad
- On the options screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Give the app icon a name, call it PP and tap on Add
- Close down Safari and look for the Pangu icon on your home screen
Method 3 : PP Jailbreak Installer
This has not yet been released so, to make sure you are informed as soon as it is, subscribe to our free email newsletter by putting your email address in the box below. You can also follow us on Facebook for instant notifications of updates.